Saturday 18 October 2014

Top 5 MAC Pigments


Pigments...
For years now I have been having a love/hate relationship with them because they can be a real pain to apply. The pigmentation however is stunning and I love how sparkly they look on the eyelids. So whenever I do find some extra time to apply I will probably be wearing one of these: 
    


*all shades were swatch wet
Copperized
Is definitely my favorite (MAC) pigment of all times. I really love green eye shadows, but I feel they can be hard to find sometimes. This olive green shade is amazing; I love how sparkly it looks especially over a black base as it makes the color stand out even more. If MAC decides to re-promote this shade (please do!)  I will be the first in line to get it
 
Mauvement
When “Mauvement” was launched with the "Fabulous Felines" collection back in 2010, I wasn´t really interested in pigments which is why I pretty much ignored it. Big mistake. I was thrilled to see that MAC re-promoted this shade in one of their holiday sets that same year because this cool taupe color with a slight golden shimmer is amazing. I love wearing it with golden and dark burgundy shades for a sultry make-up look. 
 
Melon
Is a cult classic. When I first bought it I was afraid that the color was going to be too orange on me, but luckily that’s not the case. I especially love using it  in summer for a smoky golden-peach look.
 
Tan
Is a pinky brown color that brings out my green eyes beautifully. I feel tan is a true all-around color that would suit anyone. It goes on so smooth and vibrant (even applied dry) which is why I can recommend this color particularly for beginners. As I have the old packaging with 7gr. I am sure this one will last me a lifetime and I couldn´t be happier about it. 
 
Softwash Grey
Is a grey with a blue/purple duo chrome. I feel this is truly a one of a kind shade, particularly worth checking out if you have blue eyes. Most of the times I wear this shade all over the lid and the crease with some black eyeliner and I always get asked what I am wearing when I use this. Love it!

How do you feel about pigments? What are your favorites? Anything you would recommend?
 
xoxo, 
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment