Monday 23 March 2015

MAC "Antique Green" vs. Illamasqua "Conquer"


Illamasqua “Conquer” vs. MAC “Antique Green” 

Price: 16 Pounds vs. 17 pounds

Content: 1,3grams vs. 4,5 grams

Illamasqua says:

 "Made to be played with. A metallic, high-shine, pure-colour powder that highlights eyes, cheeks, lips and brows, or anywhere else you choose to accentuate. Mix with eye shadow, blusher, lipgloss or use it on its own to intense effect. Bring out your bold side. As well as creating a striking look when used on its own, Illamasqua Pure Pigment looks amazing when applied over any cream-based Illamasqua product. It can also be mixed with Sealing Gel to create an intense, metallic paste that can be used anywhere on the body. Try adding a small amount to foundation for an opalescent finish."


 MAC says:
"Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin. Pigment comes in an excellent range of colours. Use to create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect. Pigment does not streak or cake, is easy to blend and long-lasting. Please note: Pigments are sold by weight not volume. Containers can appear to be less than full due to settling of the product."


I had wanted a forest green metallic eye shadow for a while now and finding these two made my day.
While I find both packaging’s to be visually appealing I believe the MAC one is more practical because I don´t have that much product flying around once I open the cap, hence product doesn’t get wasted. I have noticed that after  I open the Illamasqua one I find myself having to clean my vanity because there is green pigment pretty much everywhere.

The consistency of the Illamasqua one compared to MAC is finer milled. I don´t find that it makes much of a difference when applying the product but I do see a difference in the color payoff. If you have a closer look you will notice that the Illamasqua one is more vibrant than the MAC one. Both a really beautiful but if I had to pick one based on the color payoff it would definitely be Illasmasqua. If you like a more subtle one (well, not that any of these colors are truly subtle, but you get the picture) I would go with MAC.  


Which one do you like better, MAC or Illamsqua?


xoxo, 
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment